A Hunger Games prequel? It’s happening! And naturally, we’ve got a lot to say about it. We dive into everything we know about Suzanne Collins’ upcoming prequel and explore a couple of theories circulating the YA book community. We also take a look at what this means for the series as a whole and how Lionsgate may be in the background pulling some of the strings.
Follow us on our brand new Twitter account: @BookmarkedYA
Also, if you’re wanting to listen to that Writing Excuses episode suggested by Saul, you can check it out here.
In this episode…
- It’s possible that we have psychic powers.
- Wasn’t Suzanne Collins done writing The Hunger Games? A look back at what she’s said in the past.
- Why has Suzanne Collins decided to return to Panem?
- It looks like we’ll be exploring the reconstruction period of Panem.
- How similar will this world be to the world Katniss lives in?
- IS THIS A MAGS BOOK!? We review the evidence.
- We’re crossing our fingers and hoping that this stays a single book.
- What role did Lionsgate play in making this happen?
- We remember that there’s a Hunger Games theme park.
- It sounds like there’s going to be a Hunger Games prequel movie too.
In the headlines…
- A Hunger Games prequel? Suzanne Collins announces 2020 release
- Is the Hunger Games prequel about Mags? The timeline fits.
- Netflix’s ‘Narnia’ moves forward, brings on “creative architect”
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Book Five release date set
Get In Touch…
Let your voice be heard! There are several ways you can get in touch with us and interact with the show. Your messages might be included in the next episode!
- Record and send us a voice message!
- Follow and talk to us through Twitter!
- Send us an old-fashioned email!
Bookmarked is brought to you by Audible.com! You can get a FREE audiobook when you sign up for a 30-day free trial membership. Click here for more info!
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.