What happens when you fall out of sync with your best friend — the person you’ve shared everything with? Friendships evolve over time, and Hayley Krischer’s latest novel, The Falling Girls, doesn’t shy away from this reality. In The Falling Girls, best friends Shade and Jadis drift apart when Shade takes on cheerleading and finds new friendships within the squad. Things only become tenser when one of the cheerleaders dies under mysterious circumstances.
Hayley Krischer joins us to discuss this thriller and her take on writing female friendships.
This episode is sponsored by Libro.fm. Buy audiobooks while supporting your local bookstore. Libro.fm has a special offer for Bookstacked readers. Get TWO audiobooks for the price of one with your first month of membership when using the code Bookstacked. Click here to get started.
Get in touch …
Let your voice be heard! There are several ways you can get in touch with us and interact with the show. Your messages might be included in the next episode!
- Record and send us a voice message!
- Follow and talk to us through Twitter!
- Send us an old-fashioned email!
Follow the guest and host …
- Hayley Krischer: HayleyKrischer.net, @hayleykrischer (Instagram), @hayleykrischer (Twitter)
- Chelsea Regan: @pluckybookmark (Instagram), @chelsearegan17 (Twitter)