Netflix’s adaptation of ‘Shadow and Bone’ might be one of those rare occasions where the show turned out to be better than the book. *GASP!* We know, we know — it’s blasphemy! But we still appreciated many of the changes to the source material, especially when those changes mean more screen time for our favorite Crows.
In this super-packed episode, we unravel all our feelings about ‘Shadow and Bone.’
This episode is sponsored by Libro.fm. Buy audiobooks while supporting your local bookstore. Libro.fm has a special offer for Bookstacked readers. Get TWO audiobooks for the price of one with your first month of membership when using the code Bookstacked. Click here to get started.
- Kristy sits down with author Joan He to discuss The Ones We’re Meant to Find
- A Guide to the Grishaverse
- 10 Years: Remembering Veronica Roth’s Divergent
- Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard is very good
- Some Twitter threads that dive deeper into the problematic aspects of the show’s racial commentary: Thread 1, Thread 2, Thread 3
Get in touch …
Let your voice be heard! There are several ways you can get in touch with us and interact with the show. Your messages might be included in the next episode!
- Record and send us a voice message!
- Follow and talk to us through Twitter!
- Send us an old-fashioned email!
Follow the hosts …
- Saul Marquez: @SAULMARQ
- Britani Overman: @mrsbs713
- Chelsea Regan: @pluckybookmark
- Spencer Miller: @SpencerBMiller (Instagram)
- Kristy Mauna: @krissssm (Instagram)
- Brigitte Herron: @bookandthebone
- Mary Dempsey: @EmKateDee (BookTube)
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.