When author Jennieke Cohen sat down to write her new novel, she knew she was going to take inspiration from the classic musical, ‘My Fair Lady.’ She also knew she wanted to bring the story into the modern age.
Stripping away the misogyny. Crafting British history to make it more inclusive. Adding a gender-swapped twist.
Jennieke gives us insight into how she tackles historical fiction in this episode of the podcast.
This episode is sponsored by Libro.fm. Buy audiobooks while supporting your local bookstore. Libro.fm has a special offer for Bookstacked readers. Get TWO audiobooks for the price of one with your first month of membership when using the code Bookstacked. Click here to get started.
Get in touch …
Let your voice be heard! There are several ways you can get in touch with us and interact with the show. Your messages might be included in the next episode!
- Record and send us a voice message!
- Follow and talk to us through Twitter!
- Send us an old-fashioned email!
Follow the guest and host …
- Jennieke Cohen: JenniekeCohen.com, @Jennieke_Cohen (Twitter), @jennieke_cohen (Instagram)
- Chelsea Regan: @pluckybookmark (Instagram), @chelsearegan17 (Twitter)
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.