The eighth Harry Potter story has been released! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is now open to the public and millions of readers around the world have already devoured and studied the play’s script. There’s a lot to be said about this installment in the Harry Potter series and we’re throwing our hat into the ring! From the experience of reading it to all of its flaws, we talk Cursed Child — the good, the bad and the ugly — during this special episode of Bookmarked.
SPOILERS: Be warned, this episode of the podcast is LOADED with spoilers! If you haven’t already read the script or seen the play, we advise doing so before listening!
In this episode…
- Midnight release parties are pretty cool… when they’re cool.
- Did we like Cursed Child? We discuss the ratings we’d give it on Goodreads.
- Scorpius. Scorpius. Scorpius. Scorpius. SCORPIUS!
- Yay for Slytherin representation!
- What was up with Rose?
- How far removed is Cursed Child from the original books in terms of themes and ideas?
- If you’re going to join Pokemon Go, be sure to remember “For Voldemort and VALOR!“
- Those alternate realities threw us for a loop.
- Also, apparently, don’t piss of Cedric Diggory.
- Did the writers steal the plot from A Very Potter Sequel!?
- So… Delphi.
- What did we think about Harry and Draco?
- Did Cursed Child need to happen?
- Was Hagrid dead? #WheresHagrid
- Next time on the podcast: #Divergentgate2016
- REVIEW: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Spoiler Free)
- “Harry is done now,” says J.K. Rowling
- Ascendant: The TV Series?
- NewtCast: Podcasting a new era of Potter
Bookmarked is brought to you by Audible.com! You can get a FREE audiobook (including any of the seven original Harry Potter books) when you sign up for a 30-day free trial membership. Click here for more info!
If you like the show, please RATE AND REVIEW it on iTunes!