Bookstacked is happy to accept requests to review books from authors, publishers, and agents. Our review team is made up of several YA-enthusiasts who are always looking for great reads to digest and share!
You can request a review by using the form at the bottom of this page.
In order to protect the integrity of our website, we have created a policy regarding the books we wish to share and cover. We ask that you consider the following before requesting a review:
- We only review Young Adult novels. We will occasionally review middle-grade and even adult books — but only in rare cases that are individually considered. If you think that your middle-grade or adult title might be of interest to our readers, feel free to go ahead and request a review. An example of our middle-grade coverage is the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan. Examples of adult titles include J.K. Rowling’s Robert Galbraith books and George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series.
- We are open to reviewing most genres including contemporary, fantasy, and science-fiction. However, we do not review erotica titles (no exceptions). We generally do not review poetry and nonfiction.
- We accept requests from large book publishers as well as indie houses.
- We accept both physical copies as well as eBooks. eBooks will more than likely be reviewed on an eReader like the Kindle, so please prepare an eReader compatible file such as a .mobi or .pdf file.
Self-Published Books Policy
We recognize self-publishing as an authentic and emerging industry in the literary world. Because of this, we do accept review requests from self-published authors. However, due to the nature of the self-publishing model, we have a couple of additional requirements for self-published authors.
- Your book must have a professional-looking cover.
- Your novel must have minimal editing errors (an excerpt should be available on your website, blog, or Amazon listing).
- Your book should be listed on Amazon.com and/or Goodreads.com.
Your book will more than likely be declined if they do not meet these requirements.
While we appreciate and acknowledge the work that self-published authors do, we also wish to protect the image and reputation of our website. When we review a book, we’re essentially recommending that book to our thousands of readers and followers. We want to be confident in the titles that we recommend. Poor editing and a failure to have your book listed on a marketplace such as Amazon makes it difficult for us to recommend your book. Additionally, when we review a book its cover is prominently displayed on the front page of our website, on many of our articles, and shared on our Twitter and Facebook pages. We’ve worked hard on making our website aesthetically pleasing and a poorly designed cover on the front page risks disrupting that image.
Author Interviews, Guest Posts, Blog Tours
We are more than open to interviewing authors as well as facilitating guest posts and participating in blog tours. If you’re also interested in doing an audio interview to be shared on our podcast, then please let us know and we’ll see what we can do to make that happen.
We reserve the right to decline any requests that we may receive. We would love to read everything that comes our way but that’s just not possible.
If your book is accepted, we will do our best to review it in a timely manner. If you have a time-table for which you’d like to have a review published, please let us know in your request. We generally try to have ARCs reviewed before they are published. If it’s apparent that we cannot finish reading and reviewing your book (due to school, jobs, families, etc.), we will let you know.
We provide honest reviews of our books. If we don’t like your book, please don’t take it personally.
If your book is accepted for review, then please expect the following:
- A starred review. We use a 5-star rating system to review the books we read. Our ratings are measured by the following four qualities: Writing, Plot/Story, Characters, Message/Theme.
- Your book on the front page. The latest six book reviews are prominently displayed just below the latest article listings on our front page.
- The review will be pushed to our Facebook and Twitter accounts. As with all of our articles, all of our reviews are shared on Facebook and Twitter with our many followers.
Physical copies that we receive may be featured in tweets, such as our weekend “what are you reading?” posts. They may also be given away in contests on Twitter.
You may request a review using the form below.
If your book meets the requirements outlined above, then your email will be forwarded to the entire review team where they will have the option to choose whether or not they wish to review your book. If your book is chosen, then a member of the review team will reach out to you.
Each reviewer has a different style and may value different things in a book (for example, one might be more interested in plot rather than character, or vice-versa). If you wish to have a specific member of the review team look at your book then please indicate it in your request and we will forward it to that particular reviewer.
Due to the high-demand of emails we receive, we cannot guarantee a response for each request.