The YA book industry has grown and grown over the years — and YA author Lexa Hillyer has been along for the ride since 2003! An editor and book entrepreneur, Lexa’s knowledge of the industry is expansive and insightful. We had the opportunity to pick her brain about the behind-the-scenes happenings of the books we love to read. In this episode, Lexa shares how she got her start in the industry, how she became a YA author herself and the state of YA today.
In this episode…
- We learn some of the ins and outs of the publishing world from Lexa.
- Lexa talks about meeting author Lauren Oliver and how they started a business together.
- We discuss the roles of an editor in the creative process behind book writing and publishing.
- Lexa shares her experiences writing YA books and we talk about the importance of female relationships.
- Lexa shares how young adult books have broken barriers.
- We discuss the current state of YA and where it’s headed.
- Are YA books shifting from fantasy to contemporary?
Learn more about Lexa Hillyer:
- Purchase Lexa’s books!
- Follow Lexa on Twitter!
- Follow Lexa on Instagram!
- Read Lexa’s blog post at 88 Cups of Tea!
- Learn more about Glasstown Entertainment
Check out our new podcast, About the Author with Saul Marquez!
Bookmarked is brought to you by Audible.com! You can get a FREE audiobook (including any of Lexa’s books) when you sign up for a 30-day free trial membership. Click here for more info!
If you like the show, please RATE AND REVIEW it on Apple Podcasts!
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.