Independent publishing is changing the game and people like USA Today bestselling author Aileen Erin are part of that wave. In this episode, Aileen — who writes fantasy and sci-fi YA novels — sits down with Michael and Saul to share her experiences with independent publishing and how the freedom to be her own publisher has allowed her to thrive in the YA book market. She also talks about the fluctuating trends in the market and how they can both be a blessing and a curse for authors.
In this episode…
- Aileen shares her story about how she got published.
- Do YA trends make it hard for some authors to get their books published — or can they help?
- There’s a lot to juggle when it comes to independent publishing. How does one balance everything?
- What are some of the upsides of independent publishing?
- Aileen shares her tips for being successful in indie publishing.
- We spend a little time talking about writing MFA’s.
Learn more about Aileen Erin:
- Off Planet — Aileen’s latest science-fiction novel is now on sale
- Becoming Alpha — Aileen’s debut
- Visit Aileen’s website
- Follow Aileen on Twitter
Check out our new podcast, About the Author with Saul Marquez!
Bookmarked is brought to you by Audible.com! You can get a FREE audiobook (including any of Lexa’s books) when you sign up for a 30-day free trial membership. Click here for more info!
If you like the show, please RATE AND REVIEW it on Apple Podcasts!
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.