That’s it for Thomas and his friends! The Maze Runner movie trilogy has come to a close and we have a lot of thoughts about the closing chapter, The Death Cure. Saul, Kristy and Michael sit down to discuss what they loved about the movie and also what they felt it was lacking. The ending of the Maze Runner franchise also begs the question: Is this the end of blockbuster YA film adaptations? We discuss it all in this latest episode of Bookmarked.
What to expect in this episode:
- This movie is action, action, action!
- Did the new Minho storyline work?
- What are some of the big differences between the Death Cure movie and the book?
- Newt’s letter was so much nicer than the note he wrote Thomas in the book.
- Would it have been better if Newt survived?
- We’ve gotta talk about that bus.
- James Dashner totally has a cameo in the Death Cure movie!
- Is the movie lacking substance and meaning? Does it matter?
- They made a major change when it comes to Brenda and WCKD.
- Was Death Cure what Allegiant was supposed to be?
- Does Maze Runner mark the end of YA dystopia films?
- We’re going to miss the Maze Runner cast. 🙁
Bookmarked is brought to you by Audible.com! You can get a FREE audiobook (including any of the Maze Runner books) when you sign up for a 30-day free trial membership. Click here for more info!
If you like the show, please RATE AND REVIEW it on Apple Podcasts!
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.