Mortal Instrument fans have been given a second chance! Cassandra Clare’s popular YA book series The Mortal Instruments hit the screen for the second time on
ABC Family Freeform. But just how was the pilot episode? Some fans loved the show while others were left feeling disappointed. Our own reactions range from loving it to meh–and that’s exactly what we sat down to discuss in our TENTH episode of Bookmarked!
In this episode:
- We made it to our tenth episode ever! (It only took a year…)
- We have a full panel of Bookstacked writers to talk about the show. We all vary in our feelings toward the book series as well as the TV show.
- We mostly all agree that we loved the casting of the show.
- Some of us weren’t digging the visual effects too much.
- Was some of the writing kind of bad?
- Jace might have been slightly disappointing, but we still like him anyway because Taylor Swift.
- We say goodbye to Alan Rickman.
We’re also happy to announce our new 2016 release schedule! From now on, we’ll be recording an episode the second Saturday of each month and the episode will be released the following Tuesday. We’ll have more details as they come, but we’re at least going to start being more consistent!
Bookmarked is now brought to you by Audible.com! You can get a FREE audiobook from the Harry Potter series when you sign up for a 30-day free trial membership. Click here for more info!
If you like the show, please RATE AND REVIEW it on iTunes!
I realise this is a few weeks late now but, congrats on your 10th episode guys 😀 I’m enjoying the show so far! I totally agree with most of what you said about the first couple of Shadowhunters episodes – huge info dumps, dreadful effects, lacklustre writing (statements from Jace!), but I think it is definitely improving in subsequent episodes and I’m hoping it continues. Simon is my favourite <3
Thank you so much for the comment (and listening!) Checked out your podcast and it’s pretty great as well! 🙂