Deborah Falaye waited years to find a book that represented her culture and identity, but “that never happened,” she said. Now she’s making it happen.
Bookstacked writers Chelsea Regan and Spencer Miller sit down with Deborah to talk about her fantasy/sci-fi debut, Blood Scion, which follows the harrowing story of fifteen-year-old Sloane, a descendant of the ancient Orisha gods.
Deborah talks about the importance of representation, diversity and her experience entering the YA book community.
Related: ‘Blood Scion’ by Deborah Falaye had me on the edge of my seat (Book Review)
This episode is sponsored by Libro.fm. Buy audiobooks while supporting your local bookstore. Libro.fm has a special offer for Bookstacked readers. Get TWO audiobooks for the price of one with your first month of membership when using the code Bookstacked. Click here to get started.
Get in touch …
Let your voice be heard! There are several ways you can get in touch with us and interact with the show. Your messages might be included in the next episode!
- Record and send us a voice message!
- Follow and talk to us through Twitter!
- Send us an old-fashioned email!
Follow the guest and host …
- Deborah Falaye: @deborahfalaye (Instagram), @deefalaye (Twitter)
- Chelsea Regan: @pluckybookmark (Instagram), @chelsearegan17 (Twitter)
- Spencer Miller: @SpencerBMiller (Twitter), @yacanadabooks (Instagram)
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.