Do you ever feel like you’re in a reading slump? It’s the sort of terrible feeling where you want to read books but it feels like homework or doing chores. It sucks and we suspect it’s something a lot of people in the YA community feel from time to time — we know we do! So what causes reader burnout and how do we combat it? We dive into that discussion in this month’s episode of Bookmarked. We’ve also got some big news developments to cover, including some not-so-great Fantastic Beasts 3 news and some exciting updates in the world of book-to-film adaptations!
Want to join the Bookstacked Team? We’re looking for new voices to contribute to our website. We have openings in news, feature articles and book reviews. Click here for more details.
In this episode…
- Angie Thomas’s new book. On the Come Up, is out! Michael’s reading it and shares his thoughts.
- We discuss Reading/Book burnout in this episode and how we’ve all felt it.
- Does Goodreads actually make it worse?
- Michael has a Goodreads Challenge hack that might help with reader burnout.
- Is part of the problem that YA repeats itself too much?
- So, what’s the solution to book burnout?
- Michael gives us his quick take on ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’.
- Production on Fantastic Beasts 3 has been delayed. Is this a troubling sign for Potterheads?
- Netflix bought Grishaverse…
- We’re getting new books from Marie Lu and Veronica Roth!
- YallWest and BookExpo are coming up and we are SO EXCITED.
- REVIEW: ‘Bloodwitch’ by Susan Dennard is sure to be a fan favorite
- REVIEW: The Hate U Give By Angie Thomas
- Bookmarked 28: Why ‘The Hate U Give’ movie and book are important today
Check out our podcast, About the Author with Saul Marquez!
Bookmarked is brought to you by Audible.com! You can get a FREE audiobook when you sign up for a 30-day free trial membership. (Hint: It might help you with that reader burnout you’re feeling!) Click here for more info!
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.