Yesterday ‘The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’ panel took place at SDCC in the famous Hall H. Dylan O’Brien, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Giancarlo Esposito, Ki Hong Lee, Rosa Salazar, James Dashner and Wes Ball were all present.
Here are some of the highlights of the panel:
- Dashner: This is the highlight of my career man, I’m enjoying every minute of it, they do all the hard work and I just sit back and watch. On describing what it means to watch his books on the big screen.
- Ball: This movie is way bigger than the first one, we get to explore a larger world, more threats, just as intense and emotional as the other. Talking about the differences between the first and the second movie.
- O’Brien: I think in this one, for me, Thomas is for the first time, I think feeling defeated, and maybe angry too…..He feels responsible for some deaths and for this guys now. Describing what is Thomas like in the second movie.
- Salazar: I’ve never seen the trailer before tonight, I almost cried….. Brenda is fun to play, she’s like a total rescue dog and ends up sort of bonding with this people on the name of getting freedom. On describing Brenda
- Hong Lee: It’s a dream come true to be working with these people who I called friends. On talking about making ‘The Scorch Trials’.
- Brodie-Sangster: He really knew how to survive and live at the maze, and to come out of that to a world he has no power or control over, and it’s completely foreign and new to him…..it switches up the dymanic of the three. On talking about the changes Newt goes through as he comes out of the maze and his relationship with Thomas and Minho.
- Esposito: This a film everybody should be getting excited about, it’s about action, humanity, it’s about family sticking together to pull each other out.
- Ball: A sense of brotherhood has always been very important to our story.
As you watch the panel, you can definitely get a feeling of brotherhood between the actors and how excited they were to be working together again.
A new trailer was also shown at the panel. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see the new trailer, only the people in the audience did. Cranks supposedly made an appearance in this trailer. Hopefully it wont take long to hit the web.
Watch the whole panel:
I guess Hong Lee was happy to be there
Ty #SDCC I had a blast. mazerunnermovie #ReadyForScorchhttps://t.co/J2fgjn8RfW
— Ki Hong Lee (@kihonglee) July 12, 2015
Is it September yet??
Bookstacked Comment Policy
We welcome respectful comments. Our only rule is to be kind. Rude, hateful and generally mean-spirited comments will be removed.