Bookstacked will close at the end of 2022 with its final pieces of content publishing on Dec. 30.
While we’re immensely sad to announce the closure of our website, we’re grateful for the many years of experiences Bookstacked has offered the members of our team. Attending book conferences, interviewing authors, talking about stories and characters we love and (of course) reading so many fascinating books — we count ourselves extremely fortunate.
The publication of our final pieces of content in December will mark the end of a labor of love that’s lasted for nine years. Bookstacked started under the name 7th Page in January 2014, launching with a network of blogs tied to the Divergent, 5th Wave and Shadowhunter fandoms.
Back then, many of us here were teenagers or young college students. We poured so much of ourselves into Bookstacked during the most formative years of our lives. We hope you understand just how much this little website of ours has meant to us.
There are a number of reasons behind the decision, which will likely be discussed in an upcoming article and podcast, but for now, we simply want to give our readers a heads up.
So what should you expect from us during these last few months?
- We will continue to podcast until the end of December, so please keep ‘Bookmarked’ in your feeds!
- We’re planning to squeeze in two book club discussions before the end of the year — one of them focusing on a bloody and fun Halloween-esque graphic novel. We’ll announce the details very soon!
- We’ve still got plenty of content planned for the coming weeks. Upcoming book releases, “best of” lists and some personal essays about what YA has meant to us are currently on our docket.
- We’re going to talk a bit about ourselves. As we wind down operations, we want to share some of the things we’ve learned and experienced during these nine years. Saul Marquez, Bookstacked’s founder, will publish a series of articles with advice about book blogging and podcasting — a small way to pass the torch to anyone out there who might be interested in joining this space.
- Of course, we’ll continue publishing book reviews until the end.
- Bookstacked.com will continue to be accessible in 2023 and beyond. While we won’t be adding content, our backlog will be available indefinitely.
Above all, we’re grateful to anyone who’s read our work or tuned into our podcasts. You’ve given Bookstacked so much life, which is why we’re being mindful about the way we’re shutting down the website.
Rather than suddenly closing shop, we want to be retrospective of the previous decade and celebrate the work we did as well as the reason behind the work: the countless books and authors who inspired us.
We hope you’ll stick with Bookstacked a little longer!