It’s that time of year again! Goodreads announced this year’s nominees for its annual Goodreads Choice Awards! As of this morning, voting has opened for the first round to all Goodreads users.
The Goodreads Choice Awards 2015 gives book readers the chance to vote for their favorite books that were released during the year of 2015. It’s always a huge event in the book world. It gives a voice to the readers by allowing them to choose which books and authors were at the top of their game–after all, authors are writing for the readers, right?
Right now each category features 15 nominees. The Goodreads Choice Awards will consist of three rounds, each time several books being eliminated from the running. The first round, which opened today, will last until the eighth of November. The Semifinal Round will take place from November 10 – 15, and the Final Round will happen from November 17 – 23. You can click here to cast your votes!
The Young Adult categories are always a popular section of the awards. Last year, Eleanor & Park and Fangirl author Rainbow Rowell won the award for best book in fiction with her novel Landline. Cassandra Clare’s finale to the Mortal Instruments Series, City of Heavenly Fire, took the top vote for best in Young Adult, and Rick Riordan’s The Blood of Olympus won the Middle Grade and Children’s category.
So who’s in the running this year? Here’s a list of the nominees of the 2015 Goodreads Choice Awards! We’re only showing the listings for the categories we think our readers will be interested in. To see the full list, click here.
The books are not listed in any particular order.
Best Young Adult Fiction
- I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
- Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road, #1) by Katie McGarry
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Best Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer
- Red Queen (Red Queen Series, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh
- The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson
- Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3) by Kresley Cole
- Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3) by Morgan Rhodes
- An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Firefight (Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
- The Winner’s Crime (The Winner’s Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkoski
- Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
- The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
Best Middle Grade & Children’s
- The Penderwicks in Spring (The Penderwicks #4) by Jeanne Birdsall
- Rogue Knight by Brandon Mull
- The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
- Beyond the Kingdoms by Chris Colfer
- The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
- Serafina and the Black Cloak (Serafina #1) by Robert Beatty
- The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan
- A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord
- Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead
- The Evertree (Spirit Animals, #7) by Marie Lu
- The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3) by Soman Chainani
- Fish In A Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- George by Alex Gino
- The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart
Other notable nominees that we think our readers will recognize or be interested in include:
- Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith – Nominated in Best Mystery & Thriller
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – Nominated in Best Mystery & Thriller
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – Nominated in Best Fantasy
- Shadows of Self (Mistborn #5) by Brandon Sanderson – Nominated in Best Fantasy
- The Aeronaut’s Windlass (The Cinder Spires, #1) by Jim Butcher – Nominated in Best Fantasy
- Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown – Nominated in Best Science Fiction
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertall, Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, and An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir are also nominated in Best Debut Goodreads Author.
We’re definitely excited to see who will make it into the Semifinal Round!