A long-time rumor has been confirmed.
Warner Bros. announced WizardingWorld.com to the world in May, officially replacing Pottermore as the home of all digital Harry Potter content. But along with that announcement came rumors of a possible premium account offer that would let fans pay for access to additional content plus more on the website. It turns out those rumors were true.
WizardingWorld.com announced Monday that Wizarding World Gold, a premium Harry Potter subscription service, will launch later this year and is already taking pre-orders.
So what comes with the subscription? When you sign up, Wizarding World promises a collectible pin, J.K. Rowling’s sketch of Hogwarts and an interactive journal called Keys and Curios which is personalized with your name, house and special artwork. The book will also include “Enchanted Keys” that you can scan over with the Wizarding World app to unlock in-app secrets and features.
The subscription will also include:
- Access to the seven original Harry Potter books, readable as eBooks in the Wizarding World app
- Collectible pin badges
- An exclusive video series about the Wizarding World
- Discounts for the WizardingWorld.com and Platform 9 3/4 stores, the London and Hollywood Warner Bros. studio tours and a vacation package to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando
- Priority booking for events, including ‘Cursed Child’ tickets and the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in London
- Access to special events, including the Wizarding World Gold Christmas Party in the Great Hall at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Early access to merchandise before they go on general sale
- Quizzes, puzzles and chances to win “once-in-a-lifetime experiences”
The new membership costs $74.99 a year for the United States and £59.99 for the United Kingdom with more countries to follow.
More information is available on WizardingWorld.com.
Fans reacted with disdain at the idea of a premium Wizarding World subscription when the concept leaked in May.